Affordable Dental Center Provides Emergency Dental Services in Dupo, IL
When you need a dental appointment in an emergency, it seems like you can never get in as quickly as you had hoped. Most people are familiar with that feeling of frustration that comes with knowing there’s a worsening problem with your oral health and not being able to get an appointment for a few days or even a week. In the event of a dental emergency, you need access to a dentist’s office that can provide help, even on short notice. At Affordable Dental Center, that’s where we come in. When you have a dental emergency, simply contact us. We’ll make you an appointment on the same day so you can end the stress, pain and frustration and have the problem corrected by our team of expert dental staff.
The Importance of Same-Day Dentistry
Many people don’t realize the damage that can be done when your dental office doesn’t offer walk-in or same-day emergency services. Untreated dental emergencies can become more serious and costly as you wait for an appointment with a professional. If your current dental office is making you wait for an appointment, you need to make a change. Affordable Dental Center can be just the change you need.
Common Dental Emergencies
Dental emergencies don’t happen very often for most people, but when they do, the situation can be extremely painful. Luckily, Affordable Dental Center allows you to receive treatment for these situations on the same day they arise. In the meantime, here are some things you can do while waiting for your appointment.
- Toothaches: A toothache of unknown origin is probably a sign of a cavity or abscess in your tooth, but isn’t always as serious. This is why it’s important to see a dentist as soon as possible before the condition worsens. To alleviate pain before your appointment, you can take over-the-counter (OTC) pain relievers and apply a cold compress against your cheek near the area of the tooth.
- Chipped or broken teeth: When you chip or break a tooth, it’s important to save any part of the tooth that is salvageable, as your dentist may be able to reattach it. For pain, use OTC pain medications and a cold compress near the affected area to reduce swelling.
- Lost filling: As a quick fix, patch the area with a piece of sugarless gum until you can make it in to see your dentist.
- Abscess: An abscess is an area of infected tissue anywhere in the body, but oral and tooth abscesses are major dental emergencies, usually requiring an emergency root canal to keep the infection from spreading to another area or causing further problems with your teeth. In the meantime, use OTC painkillers and swish a saltwater solution around your mouth to manage pain until your same-day dentistry appointment with Affordable Dental Center.
- Soft-tissue injuries: Over the course of daily activity, your mouth is likely to be put in harm’s way by a variety of different factors. If you sustain an injury to your gums, lips, tongue or other parts of the mouth, make an appointment to see your dentist and use gauze or a cotton ball to slow the bleeding.